Welcome to Mrs. Busalacchi's Web Page!
I am so excited to be working with you, this year. Fifth grade is a very important year, for we will be reinforcing our basic skills, challenging ourselves to learn new concepts, and beginning that transition from elementary school to the middle school environment.
Best times to reach me:
*Please feel free to call and leave a message on voice mail or e-mail, anytime, at your convenience:
Phone: 262.255.8470 Ext. #2002
- MATH: The fifth grade Bridges curriculum focuses on reinforcing basic math facts, multi-step problem solving, performing all operations with fractions and mixed numbers, working with negative integers, and solving basic algebraic equations. I will be your Math teacher.
- WRITING: We will be following the Lucy Calkins curriculum format, which includes writing daily using the writers workshop format.
- READING: We will be using the Readers Workshop format for reading. Students will be reading independently as well as in literature circle or small reading groups. Students will be expected to read 120 minutes a week and will document responses and data in their weekly Reading Log. Mr. Kruse will be your teacher.
- SCIENCE: In science this year, our units will be Human Body Systems, Mixtures and Solutions, and the Solar System. Mr. Kruse will be your teacher.
- SOCIAL STUDIES: In Social Studies we will be concentrating on the geography, history and global interactions of the United States. I will be your teacher.
You must log in to send a message to Mrs. Busalacchi.
Note: No discussion topics posted yet.